“Pooch” is a cute name, but few women feel affectionate about stubborn pudge below the belly button. Whether it is caused by pregnancy, weight loss, or genetics, tummy tuck surgery addresses the pooch and restores toned abdominal contours. Women in New York trust Board-certified dermatologic surgeon, Dr. Ariel Ostad, for appealing results with minimal scarring.
Tummy Tuck Basics
- The ideal candidate is at or near goal body weight, but has an obstinate belly roll that does not respond to healthy eating and exercise.
- Dr. Ostad’s surgical center is certified by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities.
- General anesthesia ensures patient comfort.
- Excess skin is removed.
- If abdominal muscles are separated, they are repaired.
- Lax muscles are tightened.
- The incision leaves a scar that can generally be hidden with a bikini.
- A mini tummy tuck is an option when only a small amount of excess skin is present. The scar is similar to a C-section.
- Tumescent liposuction in conjunction with a tummy tuck, provides additional sculpting at the flanks, midsection, thighs, or buttocks.
What to Expect
You may return home the day of your procedure. However, you will need assistance for a few days. Many patients are more comfortable bent over at the waist as abdominal muscles begin to heal. You will wear a firm compression bandage to foster healing. Most women take a month off for the procedure, and return to normal activities within six weeks.
Expect emotional as well as physical benefits. Patient satisfaction rate is high, with women proclaiming tummy tuck cost well worth it. It is common to take immense joy in choosing new outfits they may not have felt confident in before. There is some evidence that, by strengthening the core, a tummy tuck may improve urinary incontinence, too.
Call (212) 517-7900 to schedule a tummy tuck surgery consultation with Dr. Ostad in New York.