Microneedling Treatment NYCThe development of new collagen is essential for keeping skin young, healthy, and firm. This natural process stops around the age of 25, but it can be stimulated by activating skin’s natural healing response. Europeans know microneedling to be among the gentlest and most effective methods of accomplishing that goal.
At our New York office, we often use microneedling for skin rejuvenation, improvement in texture, and reduction of fine lines and wrinkles. It may be used alone or in conjunction with other therapeutic treatments. Dr. Ostad prefers to use the EndyMed Intensif device, as it has been proven to provide superior results.
About the procedureA specialized device is used to create a multitude of micro-channels in the upper skin layers. The treatment head includes ultra-fine needles, which pierce skin to a specific depth. Unlike injections, these needles do not contact deep tissue, and therefore the procedure is not painful. Patients often describe it as a mild scratching feeling.
What to expect
- A numbing cream is applied 60 minutes prior to treatment to ensure your comfort
- The cream is removed from the treatment area, and the skin is cleansed to remove any impurities
- The procedure usually takes about 30 to 40 minutes
- After treatment, you may see tiny marks, which should fade away in one or two days
- There may be some skin flaking or redness for five to seven days after treatment
- Dr. Ostad recommends following up with a therapeutic topical serum for optimal results
- For most patients, a series of three microneedling treatments is recommended. However, this can vary depending on the condition of your skin, and your treatment goals.
Benefits of microneedlingMicroneedling may be recommended for:
- Increase in collagen production
- Firming skin
- Reducing acne scars
- Treating stretch marks
- Improving the appearance of superficial wrinkles and facial lines
- General skin rejuvenation
Gallery of Results
Request An Appointment
"My Botox looks great. I look refreshed and happy and it shows! Dr. Ariel Ostad and the staff were very helpful throughout the procedure. I look forward to my next treatment."
~ Mark. J Thompson
~ Mark. J Thompson