What should I expect with PRP hair restoration?
A PRP hair restoration procedure has several steps:
- Your blood is drawn (similar to when you have lab work)
- Tubes of your blood are spun in a centrifuge to separate the red and white blood cells from the plasma; what is left is plasma with a higher than normal concentration of platelets
- The platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is drawn into syringes
- The injection sites are cleaned with alcohol
- PRP is injected into the scalp in the areas of thinning hair