Non-ablative laser resurfacing is a popular choice in New York for younger-looking skinUneven tone, lax skin, fine lines, and wrinkles add years to your appearance. Women and men in New York are discovering non-ablative laser resurfacing to correct these conditions without downtime.
About ablation"Ablation" refers to removal of tissue by surgery or other methods. Ablative laser resurfacing removes the entire outer layer of skin.
Non-ablative laser resurfacing improves the condition of the skin from within. This difference is significant in terms of recovery time and lasting results.
A non-ablative technique uses a fractional laser – a focused beam of light broken into a multitude of pinpoints. It delivers heat into skin, creating microthermal columns of controlled injury, without harm to surrounding tissues. Healing is much faster with the fractional approach (just a few days), and there is minimal risk of infection or complications.
Pigmented cells in the epidermis are vaporized. Deeper skin layers respond with collagen remodeling. This tightens skin and smooths wrinkles over time, as collagen builds.
The procedureTreatment is performed at Dr. Ariel Ostad’s office, and it takes an hour or less.
- Skin is cleansed.
- Although the procedure is well-tolerated, topical anesthetic may be applied if your skin is very sensitive.
- The clinician makes a series of horizontal and vertical passes over the treatment area with the laser handpiece.
- A cooling mechanism helps to maintain a comfortable temperature for surface skin.
- Skin is pampered with a high-quality moisturizer.
- You may return to work or other activities right away.
- There can be pinkness or minor swelling, but it is temporary. We recommend cool compresses the first night, and ongoing moisturizer and sunscreen until healing is complete. Try not to sleep on the treated area for a few nights.
- Several treatments may be needed to achieve desired results. Many patients eagerly schedule periodic re-treatment to maintain youthful skin.
Dr. Ariel Ostad discusses what conditions can be treated with laser technology using non-ablative energy. Laser therapy stimulates collagen production in the deep layers of the skin to improve skin tone and texture.
Request An Appointment
"My Botox looks great. I look refreshed and happy and it shows! Dr. Ariel Ostad and the staff were very helpful throughout the procedure. I look forward to my next treatment."
~ Mark. J Thompson
~ Mark. J Thompson