Meet Dr. Ariel Ostad
Award-winning skin care and patient careWith unparalleled artistry, an empathetic approach, and exceptional skills, he has earned many prestigious honors including the title of Top Doctor on Real Self, a designation bestowed on less than ten percent of participating physicians. Additionally, he is a three-time recipient of New York University’s Surgical Attending of the Year Award, in honor of his outstanding work teaching dermatologic surgery residents and dermatology residents. He has also been named one of Castle Connolly’s Top Doctors and a New York Super Doctor.
Dr. Ostad’s passion for helping patients achieve optimal wellness is evident in every aspect of his practice, from cancer treatment to his work with domestic violence survivors and HIV patients. He currently serves as part of NYU’s Alumni Board of Governors and Dean’s Advisory Council. He is also involved in a variety of philanthropic activities.
He is known for helping patients accentuate their innate beauty, with awe-inspiring yet natural looking results, which attracts a number of models, television personalities, and other celebrities.
Publications and mediaDr. Ostad is a leading authority on Mohs micrographic surgery and the co-author of Management of Skin Cancer as well as the textbook Practical Management of Skin Cancer (Lippincott-Raven, 1998). He was formerly a contributing editor with Journal of Dermatologic Surgery and he currently serves as associate editor with Journal of Drugs in Dermatology.
Known as an expert in his field, Dr. Ostad’s expertise is sought after by many media outlets. He has made many television appearances, and has been quoted in numerous beauty magazines, as well as the New York Times.
Associations and professional affiliationsDr. Ostad holds active membership with the following organizations:
- American Board of Dermatology
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- American Academy of Dermatology (Fellow)
- Skin Cancer Foundation
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- American College of Mohs Surgery (Fellow)
CredentialsDr. Ostad’s education and certifications include:
- Board certified dermatologist
- Board certified dermatologic surgeon
- American Academy of Dermatology Fellow
- BA from New York University graduating magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa in 1987
- Internal Medicine Internship at Harvard Medical School
- Dermatology and Dermatology Surgery Residency at NYU
- Fellowship trained in Mohs Micrographic Surgery, Laser and Cosmetic Surgery at University of California, Los Angeles
Request An Appointment
"My Botox looks great. I look refreshed and happy and it shows! Dr. Ariel Ostad and the staff were very helpful throughout the procedure. I look forward to my next treatment."
~ Mark. J Thompson
~ Mark. J Thompson